Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Happy National Chocolate Cupcake Day!

Today is National Chocolate Cupcake Day. How do I know? An old schoolmate of mine who operates the Madison County Dessert Factory in Winterset, Iowa, announced it on Facebook, and after a quick online search, I can verify it is indeed true. I also can verify that National Lemon Cupcake Day lands on Dec. 15 (my calendar is marked!). So to celebrate National Chocolate Cupcake Day, I swung by the Rolling Pin Bakeshop, which has a nice assortment and is situated conveniently down the road, and selected the most attractive chocolate cupcake in their case - the chocolate buttercream-laden Raspberry Fudge Cupcake. Here is a picture of the beauty, which is now in my tummy:


The guy at the counter said it is a miniature version of the bakeshop's Raspberry Fudge Dark Chocolate Cake, which I'm sure is equally delicious.

I also realized this is a good excuse to post a couple other random cupcake pictures I happen to have on file. These are not all chocolate cupcakes, but they are celebrating the holiday just the same.

Here is Pat eating a maple bacon cupcake after a recent brunch outing at  Daisy Cafe and Cupcakery.


Doesn't he look happy? Additionally, I found this photo of a Solidarity Cupcake - also from Daisy Cafe and Cupcakery, that my co-worker brought me earlier this year around the time of the Madison protests against Gov. Scott Walker removing unions' collective bargaining rights:


How can you not celebrate the cupcake? Looking forward to Dec. 15!

No comments:

Post a Comment