Monday, August 23, 2010

Berry Kefir Smoothie

When the Midwest summers get so hot and muggy that tomatoes turn to salsa and evaporate straight off the vine, I forget the chips and head straight for the blender. Smoothie, mmmm! A couple of my favorites are piƱa colada and chocolate peanut butter, but today I opted for a shameless knockoff of McDonald's Mixed Berry Fruit & Yogurt Smoothie. I must say, the Magic Bullet reigned supreme.



My recipe is as follows, give or take:
1 frozen chunk of raspberries
1 handful of frozen blueberries
BANANA!
a few freezer-burned strawberries
plain kefir (or yogurt) to fill the spaces
milk to cut the thickness
honey to cut the tartness
nutmeg for the heck of it

Add all ingredients, in no particular order, to bullet or blender. Blend in 10-second intervals until no chunks remain. Taste, add more honey, blend again.

Credits: Many thanks to Mom for the raspberries and blueberries, and to Pat for the Magic Bullet.

RNA

No comments:

Post a Comment